Monday, June 24, 2013

Altered Art & Processing Galore

Happy Monday lovely blog friends!!

I had a FANTASTIC weekend picking and junking in the beautiful NW countryside. Discovered new places I didn't even know existed and made new friends along the way; a super nice couple who invited us back for dinner and to help dig out their old barn, a sweet, older gentleman with a lovely story for each and every piece and even a crazy cat lady. A good day junking indeed!!
uncovered treasure
My workshop looks like the set of Sanford & Son. I will be soaping and scrubbing and sanding my little heart out for most of this rainy Monday. 

Actually a perfect day to nestle inside and process my new treasures, no threat of the sun and the garden beckoning me outdoors to play today. 

We had 2 full loads this buying trip. Lots & lots of yummy, rusty, chippy junk!! 

 Found some really great 'GOOD BONES" pieces...sans sparkly butterfly stickers and John Deere paint, they will be delightful! I promise!! :)

Get a load of this golden lovely. Vintage wing back...sound structure, classic shape. 


vintage linens and lace...time to bleach & launder and get sewing..bring new life to these beauties. 

...and YES!! I even dragged this pile of rustiness home! I DO have a vision for this (Terry usually understands my "visions" for things...he's a bit skeptical on this one) ;o 


Sooo...I'm a very Happy Camper this Monday...lots to do and tons of potential awaits. Watch for these pieces coming to a Makeover Monday very SOON!! 


....oh and don't forget to hop on over to the Graphic 45 blog for more Design Team intros. Today's DT member is Olga Struk. Her attention to detail is simply fascinating!

Graphic 45 blog link:
Altered Art For All Occasions By Olga Struk


...and as always....thank you for stopping by my blog!! <3
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment