Thursday, June 13, 2013

woohoo! my intro is next up!!

Have I mentioned just how thrilled I am to be on this esteemed design team??
The talent and creativity is crazy-wow!! My fellow teamies keep the inspiration going daily and really, how could you not just love designing with G45 products everyday?? ummm, nirvana, YES!

Today on the Graphic 45 blog is my introduction (woohoo!)
Choosing which projects to share for my intro was a challenge. I haven't previously been on a design team and my designing and projects have mostly been based around new product releases from my store. (I had to be unbiased and use multiple lines ;o) I wanted to share totally G45 heavy projects...these fit the bill and are some of my very all-time favorite projects! The first 2 are from past G45 collections, Steampunk Debutante and On the Boardwalk, and the last project is from the current French Country collection.
 take a peek.....

(It's been requested that I share the binding technique for this altered book...so watch for a new project utilizing this technique with a tutorial coming soon!!)
My design mind-frame is mostly focused around workshop and teaching purposes. So the design process for me includes being able to teach and present the techniques, and to do so in an allotted time frame. The highlights of this project were the binding and cover so the inside was completed relatively simply. I like to provide a "wow" element but also let my class participants use their own creativity to add their personal twist to their finished project. 
(I am so, so, so excited to throw all caution to the wind and JUST design...no limitations (time, participant ability, being able to explain it clearly). Being on the Design Team has given me such a feeling of freedom! and it's awesome!!)



This mini was a workshop that needed to be rated from easy to advanced...(expo project). So I bypassed lots of fussy cutting and kept the design a little more straight forward. The inside features a lot of fun and unexpected folds, pockets and pull-outs.
 I had requests to offer this class over and over and taught it many times...a big hit for sure and a super fun one teach!



This French Country Portfolio was part of my intro/submission for the G45 Design Team. I am SO in love with this line. It is so incredibly versatile. I've made garden and cooking themed projects, Father's Day items and even a 4th of July banner!! Now that's versatility!! 

We had a class at the Farm with this piece as our inspiration....check out what the gals came up with here: http://www.junquesoiree.blogspot.com/2013/04/french-country-garden-set-goodness.html

to see the entire set of my G45 submission pieces go here: http://www.junquesoiree.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-french-country-garden-set.html


Here's a link to view my full G45 Design Team Intro and the projects shown above in more detail....
G45 blog link:


Thank you for checking out my blog today and a BIG thank you also to G45 for giving me the opportunity to design and share in all the Graphic 45 goodness!! 
I'm so excited to see what the year brings! 

xo
dj

5 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower. Came from G45 website! Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara and welcome!! Thanks for following my blog and thanks for your lovely compliment. I am thrilled to be joining the G45 team and can't wait to design, design, design away!!!
    Take care...dj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seen your Intro over at G45 - big WOW! Fabulous, creative, inspirational projects... I'm signing up to follow, and looking forward to much more!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison! thanks for popping over and for following!! This is going to be a fun adventure indeed! :)
      xo
      dj

      Delete
  4. Love how you bound this book. Do you ever sell instructions? Would love to see this page by page.

    ReplyDelete