Friday, July 12, 2013

one more sleep....

Happy Friday Everyone!!
art @ the farm 
workshop day is tomorrow..YIPPIE!!

we have 2 fabulous projects for you! 

first...a super cool art journal using found junk stuff for the binding and the NEW G45 Bohemian Bazaar papers (and a fun mix of other odds and ends).

This binding technique is one I have played with before (remember the original Steampunk Altered Art Journal and the altered copper necklace). I changed it up creating hidden "hinges" made from metal plumbers tape. 
I used Graphic 45 Staples keyholes to add awesome texture and interest to the book cover. 

Pages are all repurposed and vintage items...music pages, discarded office file folders, graph tablet found in a thrift store, lunch sacks...included a few 
Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar papers for pops of color as well.  
I added the "30 Days" label so I can utilize this altered journal as a Summer Smash book. I found some great smash list ideas on Pinterest...(find them here...Smash List Ideas)
The background paper used on my cover is my favorite paper design from the new Graphic 45 'Bohemian Bazaar' line (LOVE). I sanded the heck out of it to give it a great worn look, distress inked, covered with PVA and stamped random images and textures here and there. 

The cover features a super fun layered collage design. Lots of yummy texture and color! 
I added tabs to almost every page made from multiple mediums...fabric scraps, ribbon, canvas, transparencies and more. 
I am in love with this altered journal!! Can't wait to create this with all my class gals! 


and our second workshop...(finally) my version of this Pinterest fav...Scrabble inspired letter wall tiles! 
SO fun!!  Check out these ideas for decor and more...and what a great personalized gift idea (new baby, housewarming, wedding, etc) 
 (photos via Pinterest)







so...hope that whet your whistle a little!
Can hardly wait to see you all tomorrow (it's been too long!).
see you then...
Denise



4 comments:

  1. OMG this book looks amazing. Will you be selling the directions - please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy...thank you!! and YES!! I plan to create a video tutorial for this project (or one similar). This binding technique is SO fun but a little technical to write out a step by step. I have to send this journal on to CHA so as soon as I create another I will video the process. Typography will look AWESOME with this binding!! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous altered journal - and all the scrabble photos are fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alison!! we had SO much fun!! (and guess what everyone I know will now get for gifts??!! ;o)

      Delete