I LOVE Fall!
And I really, really love the crafts, the colors and the textures of Fall!!
This fun little pocket mini project encompasses all that is Fall to me...
wonderful colors, whimsical imagery and lots of chunky textures.
Graphic 45 Supplies:
An Eerie Tale 12x12 papers-
Large tags (2)
Ornate Metal Key
Ornate Metal Label Holder (2 brads for attaching)
Distress Ink and applicator
Jute (1-2 ft.)
Coordinating ribbons (1-2 ft.)
2- 3 3/4”x12”, then cut this piece into 5 pieces: 1- 3 3/4”x3 7/8”, 3- 3 3/4”x2 1/2” and a 1/2” scrap
The remaining piece can be used to make additional tags.
Captivating Characters- cut:
1- 3 3/4”x12”
3- the remaining piece will be used for fussy cutting elements and can be used to create additional tags.
Grand Illusion, Gone Batty and Enchantment- cut each piece into 2- 6”x12” pieces
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Start with the 4"x12" Abracadabra piece, scoring at 3 1/2", then score at 1/2” increments to 8 1/2” (this will be 11 scores).
Fold along score lines, creating an accordion- this piece will be the cover and spine for our mini pocket book. (Note the 6 valleys created- each valley will accommodate one of our 6 pocket insert pages).
2. Score the 6- 6”x12” Enchantment, Gone Batty and Grand Illusion pieces- score at 1/2”, 3 1/4”, 6”, 8 3/4” and 11 1/2”, then turn and score at 2”.
Fold the 2” score line up, then fold the next 3 score lines (creating 6 “W”s)
3. Adhere the 6 “W”’s (insert pages) to the cover/spine- starting with one of the insert pages, adhere the 1/2” scored piece of the “W” to the left side of the first valley, then adhere the other (end) 1/2” scored piece to the right side of the valley
Follow this same process for each “W” (insert page), adhering, one by one into each valley.
4. Adhere 3/4”x12” strip of Captivating Characters to the spine edge of the cover (front & back), trim to fit.
5. Embellish cover of book with cardstock stickers and a flower.
6. Create Tag “Jacket” for book- score 2 large tags at 5 1/4” and 6” (measuring from the eyelet end). Fold score lines. Stack tags together (make sure front tag has the eyelet facing out and the back tag has the eyelet facing back). Line up score lines and adhere tags together.
7. Adhere 2”x12” Abracadabra piece to 3 3/4”x12” Captivating Characters piece, cut 2” off the end of this created piece. (we will use this removed scrap for a tag later).
Embellish with ABC stickers creating title pieces. Place the ornate metal label holder over “Fall” and set with brads. Add fussy cut elements from Captivating Characters.
Wrap title piece around the front cover tag and adhere. (be sure to center the embellished title area). Further embellish title/cover with cardstock border stickers.
8. Decorate “Magical” sticker tag with ABC stickers and ribbon. Adhere inside tag jacket cover . Adhere the 3 3/4”x3 7/8” Abracadabra to the back of the jacket. Tie jute and a metal key through the tag eyelets.
9. Adhere mini pocket book inside tag jacket creation- you can adhere with glue for permanent placement or use velcro so you can remove and replace as desired.
10. Create a variety of tags and journal cards to tuck into pocket mini-
1. embellish ATC tags with stickers & ribbon scraps.
2. use remaining paper scraps to create additional tags, tuck tags into pockets.
This project designed for Graphic 45.
Please visit the Graphic 45 Blog for lots more inspiration and papercrafting goodness!!
I hope you're having a
and thank you, thank you for visiting
the blog today!!