Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday


Cold and stormy, rainy, inside days, 
but really feeling like showing Stella some love. 

This calls for an inside, crafty job. 
How about a Journal and Travelin' Art Case
customized just for Stella!?!


First, I crafted a fun, chunky art journal with tons of pages, pockets, tabs and layers.
I created title pages, themed sections and 
added lots of journaling pages & prompts
for telling Stella's story, reminiscing about our travels and 
jotting down the milestones along the way. 






Then, a case of course, 
to store basic supplies, tools and embellishments... 
everything I'll need while on the road. 







I've already started adding photos, mementos, dates and important notes....















I made a Snapguide walking you thru how to create 
my traveling crafters case...
check it out here: 


I'm so antsy not being able to work on Stella...but
crafting SOMETHING for her helped a little
Now I can't wait to fill my journal 
with all our adventures & memories!! 

xo
Denise

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful journal! In one picture it looks like you are wall papering with maps?? Can't wait so see Miss Stella all gussied up and ready to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I used a vintage road atlas to wallpaper/decoupage the front gaucho wall.
      It turned out great...however, as the weather has changed its starting to warp & wrinkle a bit :(
      May need to reconsider this design choice.
      All part of the process I guess... Trial & error!!

      Delete